Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Marg is the dream place for learning yoga as it has the perfect combination of yoga, discipline, better lifestyle and healthy habits. At Yoga Marg, we just don’t teach yoga but all the history and techniques behind it. Be it a peaceful walk to mountains or simple meditation to relax, be it kirtan (prayer) or chanting to come closer to yoga and its true meaning, we offer very memorable memory to you. A person can transform his or her life by adopting yoga and Yoga Marg is very intriguing place to learn it.
Our Whole Program is strictly in line with Yoga Alliance Standards and it includes
1, Principles of Teaching Methodology
Principles of Teaching Methodology covers various aspects like principles of instruction, teaching styles, demonstration, qualities of a Yoga teacher, meditation, the process of learning of a yoga student and other assorted aspects.This principle ensures that yoga teachers are instructing students in right manner and also students are correctly learning yoga.
2. Analytical, Practical Training & Practice
This the core and main purpose of our teaching, it includes every asan (postures), pranayam, meditation, kiryas, chanting, etc. and all the techniques needed to master a posture. It will teach you ‘How to do yoga and not just do yoga but to do it properly’. This is the main reason why people come here and it includes every practical aspect of yoga in fact it is YOGA.
3. Physical Anatomy and Physiology
It can be said that this aspects focus on body and soul of a person because it includes various asans which repair organs and make body healthy (physical Anatomy) and then it focuses on nadis and chakras which is more complex system and shows insights of Soul (Physiology).
4. Yoga Lifestyle and associated Ethics:-
This session is related to ethics of yoga training, lifestyle synced with yoga, philosophies of yoga and focus on other related topics.
5. Train the trainer sessions:-
The aim of these sessions is to help the instructors acquire the needed confidence to conduct their own sessions or it can be said that these are the “finishing lessons” for students. It includes feedback sessions, observing others while they train, assisting students while their teaching, etc, and all of this is the part of the curriculum for this aspect.
Our Day to Day Schedule :
6.30 – 7.30: Morning Pranayamas, meditation & Kriya Yoga Session.
7.30 – 9.00: Asana practice and training.
9.00: Breakfast Time.
10.00 – 11.00: Anatomy & Physiology sessions.
11.15 – 12.45: Art of Training & Teaching (workshop).
1.00pm – 3pm: Lunch Time.
3.00pm – 4.00pm: Philosophy sessions on Yoga.
4.15pm – 5.30 pm: Afternoon Yoga Practice & Analytical Training Session.
5.30pm – 7.00pm: Evening Meditation & Breathing Techniques Training.
Principles of Teaching Methodology
Most important Note – Teaching Yoga safely without injuries.
How to teach: teaching styles, group practice, qualities to be cultivated, class routine, how to give a demonstration, giving instructions, feedback and related aspects that are included right below.
- What are the tasks of a Yoga teacher?
- Anatomy of Alignment, both the theory and practice.
- Practical Workshops.
- “Art of touch” encompassing physical adjustment.
- Beginner to Advances practitioner, the phases that one goes through.
- Setting up a Yoga business, practical tips, business ethics and advertising.
Analytical, Practical Training & Practice
Kriyas: Theory and practice, its benefits, techniques and also different practicals for:
Bandhas | Mudras | Pranayama | Mantras and chanting| Meditation techniques.
- Warm up and variations of Sun Salutation.
- Restorative yoga & Iyengar yoga.
- Traditional Hatha Yoga.
- Vinyasa Flow: “Happy Hips”, “Heart opening”, “Chakra journey”, “Re-balancing Flow”, “Dancing Yogis”, etc.
- Therapeutic Yoga.
- Stress Management & Yoga.
- Ashtanga Primary Series.
- Special session on Yoga for kids, Yoga for the diabetic, Pre-natal Yoga etc.
Practice and training of group of asans: Vinyasa (tuning asans with breathing), Standing asans, Relaxing asans, Forward bends, Balances, back bends, Twists, Inversions, self practice and practical exams to assess the learning.
Physical Anatomy and Physiology
- Body Terminology and general movements.
- Nervous, Skeletal and Muscular systems in human body, their meaning and functions. Respiratory system in context of Hatha Yoga.
- Benefits and contraindications of asans; basic elements of yoga therapy.
- Energy channels & Chakra theory.
- Limitations of body, proportion, compression, orientation etc and their interpretation with respect to yoga practice.
- Written and Practical Tests.
Yoga Lifestyle and associated Ethics:-
History of Yoga ,The Self and The Ego , Essence of Yoga ,3 Gunas , Definitions and interpretation of Yoga, 5 pillars of Yoga, 4 paths of yoga (Bhakti, Jnana, Karma, Raja) , Yogic daily routine , Self Awareness , OM/ AUM and its meaning , The responsibilities of a Yoga Teacher, Written test on selected topics.
Train the trainer sessions
Practice with the teacher in control Training in pairs Training in groups ractical exam and mutual feedback.